Below are our Custom clearance service Flow of procedures.
- Customer inquiry on our services and request for a specific quotation. Customer forward copies of import documents if available.
- Response with a quotation containing all charges, duty payable and documents required for Customs clearance.
- Client approval / Rejection of the quotation.
- If Quote is approved we request for original documents. Documents are collected from the clients or/and forwarded to Our Offices by the client VIA courier preferably WELL FARGO COURIER OR any other reliable courier service provider. If agreeable to the client, duty banker’s cheque(s) is/are drawn and send with the documents.
- Invoice as per our quotation is forwarded to the client. Any discrepancy is well explained to the client.
- Payments are made directly to our bank account as indicated on the proforma invoice. Notwithstanding clients are allowed to withhold Duty amount to remit directly to KRA when the customs declaration documents are ready.
- Import Licence (IDF) is applied and payments made to KRA
- Confirmation with the shipping line on whether the Ship/Vessel manifest has been approved by KRA.
- If Manifest has been approved by KRA, we apply to the ship agent to for a delivery order of the consignment and pay relevant charges
- On approval of import declaration licence(IDF), Single Administration Document (SAD) is prepared in the KRA simba system form C17B in readiness of Custom duty payment.(Subject to vessel manifest and IDF approval by KRA)
- Duty payments are made vide form C17B and/or F147 to a KRA teller in either National, Cooperative Bank of Kenya or any other bank authorized to collect revenue on behalf of KRA. The client is at liberty to make payments in person and therefore the C17B form can be forwarded for the same to be effected. However the bank payments slips must be couriered to our offices as they are mandatory for customs clearance
- SAD form C17B is processed online by Customs Document Processing centre staff in Nairobi. If there are no queries raised the entry is passed. If queries are raised we advise the client accordingly, for compliance purposes.
- C&F Clerks proceed to the custom Controlled yard for tax assessment, physical verification, payment of port charges, vehicle registration and physical release, if no issues are raised pertinent to the imported goods. Other relevant authority that have to clear imports before they are released include KEBS, Radiation Board, Immigration office, port health, etc
- Goods are loaded on trucks for delivery to the consignee. As for Motor vehicles, they are driven to storage yards awaiting collection by owners. At the motor vehicle storage yards the following takes place;
- Vehicles are cleaned up and number plates affixed on the proper places.
- With authority from the owners vehicles are serviced to give them a clean bill of health for delivery and initial use.
- Client account with us is reconciled and final invoice generated. Refunds/ extra charges Processed according and forwarded to client. Any extra charges incurred must be reimbursed by the client before cargo/ vehicle is released..
- By written instructions and payment of the relevant charges Motor vehicles are delivered to the consignee by our drivers (Driven) or loaded on car carrier.
- Client receives Cargo/Motor vehicle and signs the delivery note.Any short comings noted must be indicated on the delivery note for further action.
It's our hope that these will help you understand us better. We look forward to serving you now and in the future.
CUSTOMS CLEARANCE SCHEDULE MATRIX